By Gary Ackerman, Jeremy Tamsett
Explores the Nexus shaped while Malevolent Actors entry Malignant ability
Written for pros, teachers, and policymakers operating on the leading edge of counterterrorism efforts, Jihadists and guns of Mass Destruction is an authoritative and complete paintings addressing the specter of guns of mass destruction (WMD) within the palms of jihadists, either traditionally and searching towards the longer term risk surroundings. delivering perception on one of many preferable defense problems with the 21st century, this seminal source effectively:
- Documents present traits within the ideology, technique, and strategies of jihadists as those relate to WMD
- Includes a piece dedicated to jihadist involvement with chemical, organic, radiological, and nuclear weapons
- Explores the function of intelligence, legislations enforcement, and policymakers in watching for, deterring, and mitigating WMD assaults
- Provides an summary of nonproliferation regulations designed to maintain WMD out of the arms of jihadists
- Conducts a groundbreaking quantitative empirical research of jihadist behavior
- Elicits major specialists’ estimates of the long run WMD danger from jihadists
Leading foreign specialists in actual fact differentiate among peaceable Muslims and jihadists, exploring how jihadists translate their severe and violent ideology into technique. additionally they specialize in WMD objective choice and the unfold of WMD wisdom in jihadist groups. without sensationalism, this multidimensional overview provides a heightened point of class to our realizing of the clients for and nature of jihadist WMD terrorism.
About the Editors
Gary Ackerman is examine Director of the nationwide Consortium for the examine of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START), a division of fatherland safety nationwide middle of Excellence established on the college of Maryland. His learn paintings specializes in hazard evaluate and terrorism concerning unconventional weapons.
Jeremy Tamsett is a specialist for Henley-Putnam college and an analyst on the heart for Terrorism and Intelligence reports (CETIS), a examine middle devoted to making a choice on, higher comprehending, and appropriately assessing the current and destiny protection threats stemming from various violence-prone extremists and their enablers. He has served as venture supervisor for the U.S. executive funded severe Infrastructure Terrorist assault database and international Terrorism Database (GTD).