By Chi Tien
This book covers filtration in quite a few modes of operation for either solid/gas and solid/liquid suspensions. It offers the required wisdom and historical past details to arrange and equip persons who have an interest in severe filtration paintings. It is a useful reference/text for scholars and training engineers. it could even be followed as an advanced text ebook for numerous engineering classes in chemical, environmental, mechanical and metallurgical engineering.
The publication provides research and therapy of filtration strategies utilising varied filter out media working in numerous modes for either gas/solid and liquid/solid structures.
- Presents a concise review of filtration allowing complete figuring out of the purposes in addition to theunderlying theoretical foundations
- Presents filtration concepts in its entirety, i.e. gas/solid and liquid.solid separations and descriptions their ameliorations, assurance no longer present in any of the present publications
- Presents rational tactics for analysing experimental information in a transparent and straightforward to appreciate style by way of scholars and engineers
- Includes various illustrative examples enabling understanding of the underlying thought and choice of the main appropriate resolution for the actual application
- Provides specified filter out parameters (efficiency coefficients) important within the layout of filters
- Includes difficulties and strategies on the finish of every bankruptcy connecting the theoretical strategies with the sensible features for engineers
- Written via the pinnacle specialist near to filtration
Read or Download Principles of Filtration PDF
Similar industrial & technical books
This booklet includes thousands of beauty and toiletry formulations in accordance with info acquired from a variety of commercial businesses and different corporations. each one formula is indentified through an outline of finish use. The formulations includes a directory of every uncooked fabric, processing strategy, and resource of the formulation.
This book covers filtration in quite a few modes of operation for either solid/gas and solid/liquid suspensions. It offers the required wisdom and history info to arrange and equip persons who have an interest in severe filtration paintings. It is a useful reference/text for scholars and practising engineers.
Direct Alcohol gasoline Cells: fabrics, functionality, sturdiness and functions starts with an introductory assessment of direct alcohol gas cells (DAFC); it makes a speciality of the most pursuits and demanding situations within the parts of fabrics improvement, functionality, and commercialization. The coaching and the homes of the anodic catalysts used for the oxidation of methanol, greater alcohols, and alcohol tolerant cathodes are then defined.
Booklet connects a retrosynthetic or disconnection procedure with man made equipment within the coaching of goal molecules from easy, achiral ones to complicated, chiral constructions within the optically natural shape. Retrosynthetic concerns and uneven syntheses are offered as heavily comparable issues, usually within the related bankruptcy, underlining the significance of retrosynthetic attention of goal molecules neglecting stereochemistry and equipping readers to beat the problems they could come upon within the making plans and experimental implementation of uneven syntheses.
Additional resources for Principles of Filtration
1) 0 The medium resistance may be taken as its intrinsic values (namely, the value determined using clean filtrate as the test fluid). With the knowledge of V vs. 2) where 3s0 is the particle volume fraction of the feed. 5). b. 5). c. Same as (b) except the change (increase) of Rm with time is accounted for. As shown by the work of Meeten (2000) and Teoh et al. (2006), the presence of a filter cake over a medium inevitable increases the medium resistance even if there is no particle penetration into and deposition within the medium.
Eng. Japan]. 6 Approximate Expressions of Cake Solidosity, Compressive Stress, and Pore Liquid Pressure Proﬁles Applying the same assumptions used in developing the conventional cake filtration theory, approximate expressions of cake structure, namely, the cake solidosity, compressive stress, and liquid pressure profiles can be obtained. 3) can be approximated as x/L based on the assumption that qs x 0 and q‘ being independent of x. For the right-hand quantity, the permeability, k, is a function of the compressive stress.
Chem. 27, 108. , 1935b. Ind. Eng. Chem. 27, 806. , 1969. AIChE J. 15, 405. , 1987. Filtration in the chemical process industry. , Orr, C. ), Filtration: Principles and Practices, second ed. Marcel Dekker, New York. , 1970. Chem. Eng. Sci. 25, 985. , 1993. AIChE J. 39, 1292. , 2003. Studies in Filter Cake Characterization and Modeling, PhD Thesis, National University of Singapore . , 2006. AIChE J. 52, 3427. , 2001. Chem. Eng. Sci. 56, 5361. , Bai, Renbi, 2003. Chem. Eng. Sci. 58, 1323. , 2006. Introduction to Cake Filtration: Analyses, Experiments and Applications.
Principles of Filtration by Chi Tien